As a mother to 4 daughters I often look for creative ways to teach the value of friendship. More often than not I probably fall short, but then I pull out our worn copy of The Hundred Dresses and I sit all 4 girls down and we read. It only takes us two nights to read the 7 chapters and at the end my girls roll their eyes as I tear up yet again...but this book is to to be cherished ...
It tells the sweet yet simple story of a humble girl and the love of a dress. or a hundred. After we read, I let the girls sketch a favorite dress that they would love to wear...this summer my idea is to make one of their sketches...
I think the best part about this little story is the lesson that can be learned. that no matter what we look like or what we wear or what we WISH we wore, we are all wonderful and talented and lovely...each in our own way:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
family blogs-none of my family does BLOGS!!
friends-thats more like it!
-
What happened to summer!!13 years ago
-
I've Moved!!!!14 years ago
-
Here I am13 years ago
-
Mother's Day~13 years ago
-
She Asked13 years ago
-
-
-
Aly through the years13 years ago
-
-
Jake's First Prom13 years ago
-
Part Two...Monaco.12 years ago
Visits from my friends
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(47)
- ► October 2012 (3)
- ► September 2012 (2)
- ► August 2012 (1)
- ► April 2012 (24)
- ► February 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(43)
- ► December 2011 (10)
- ► November 2011 (1)
- ► October 2011 (4)
- ► September 2011 (11)
- ► August 2011 (17)
-
►
2010
(2)
- ► December 2010 (2)



No comments:
Post a Comment