PROM 2012...It is called Mormon Prom. It happens every year in April. 16 stakes from around the South come together and it is WONDERFUL...Here is why...
The girls have their dresses approved by the Young Womens Leaders. I love this idea...Girls can be elegant, stylish and beautiful without showing off everything they have...shoulders are covered and the dress length is modest at the knee or below.
The kids all travel together in chartered buses with chaperones and no one is allowed to drive themsleves to and from the Prom. No chance of drunk drivng or "drunk" anything....yay!
This year it is at the Science Center at USC.
They are picked up by their parents after the dance in the church parking lot around 1 a.m. and taken to someones home who serves them breakfast and treats and lets them laugh, and play games and have fun until the bleary-eyed parents come and get them once again ...at 3 in the morning!
There is no "getting a room".
There is just friends and dress up and fun....
LOVE IT!
family blogs-none of my family does BLOGS!!
friends-thats more like it!
-
What happened to summer!!13 years ago
-
I've Moved!!!!14 years ago
-
Here I am13 years ago
-
Mother's Day~13 years ago
-
She Asked13 years ago
-
-
-
Aly through the years13 years ago
-
-
Jake's First Prom13 years ago
-
Part Two...Monaco.12 years ago
Visits from my friends
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(47)
- ► October 2012 (3)
- ► September 2012 (2)
- ► August 2012 (1)
-
▼
April 2012
(24)
- PROM 101...
- Friends...Corri and Nick and Victoria and CJ..
- Thousand Oaks 2nd Ward Buddies...
- Papa and Nana with the kids:)
- Jon, Austin, jake and CJ
- Okay, I know I am biased but are they stunning or...
- Spring Break started Amazing.....and ended at the ...
- Searching for shells...my favorite:)
- Ahh the view ..spring break has begun..
- Min, Sunny and Carrie.
- Group field trip to the tide pools...even found an...
- half the group on field trip day..
- Breakfast groupies waiting...look Peter is actuall...
- waiting for the surf to come ...Little does Peter ...
- little sweeties...
- this is the life...oh, look closely, Peter got hit...
- Minette, Katie, Sunny, Mindy, Carrie ..there is 21...
- Cozy mornings waiting for the surf.
- Date night ...we left ALL the kids at the beach ho...
- Record scratching...this is how we ended our week....
- Spring means babies and babies mean blankies...I a...
- ► February 2012 (7)
-
►
2011
(43)
- ► December 2011 (10)
- ► November 2011 (1)
- ► October 2011 (4)
- ► September 2011 (11)
- ► August 2011 (17)
-
►
2010
(2)
- ► December 2010 (2)


1 comment:
CJ is a babe! How fun! We have mormon prom here too, but Jake isn't old enough to date yet. Your parents look great too! I'm coming to T.O. in a couple weeks with John- I'll call you and we will have to get together!
Post a Comment