First of all Chloe is good....last week we went on our weekly trek to the beach and Chloe got hit by some huge rogue wave and ended up on a back board, riding in the ambulance to the darn hospital...so first off, we wanted to be better safe than sorry so thats the reason for the dramatic pictures:) she was okay...just REALLY sore the next day.but here is my version of the story with a humorous spin...Cause I like to laugh, ya know....
the day started out great...beautiful day at the beach, kids playing, diet coke, US magazine..what could be better? Chloe takes the wave upside down and lands on her neck and shoulder...so I turn to my good friend Deb and say" maybe you should go ask the lifeguard to come over and help me with the right questions to ask chloe and try to figure out how bad she really is"...Chloe is HYSTERICAL at this point so I have to put down my magazine, my diet coke, etc( darn it) and help her:) Okay ....within 5 minutes my quiet" I really don't want to call attention to myself" moment turned into 17 lifeguards, 4 lifeguard trucks, a fire engine with fireman who by the way were blond, tan and smelled pretty good actually,a police car, an ambulance and last but not least a lifeguard boat in the water with the water stream shooting straight up in the air as if we just left on a cruise to Mexico.
Are you kidding me? I thought we were in a state budget crisis? they don't even clean the beach bathrooms...where in the heck did all these people come from?
You should know, I hadn't showered yet that day or shaved my legs, I was wearing an old black cover up, no bra- hello whats wrong with me?? and if the tall blond lifeguard touched my gross, sweaty shoulder one more time I might have had to hurt him. He can touch my shoulder AFTER I take a bath:)
I had promised a friend I would drive her 3 kids home from the beach because she was helping with the family of some ward members who had just had a death in the family...( can no one count on me for anything?)I got up , handed my keys over to another friend and said I'm going in the ambulance!I left a complete garage sale of beach stuff all over and 7 kids wondering what the heck just happened....
then, as we are pulling into the E.R. my phone is ringing and its the dear friend who was driving all the kids home saying she couldn't get the emergencey brake to release so she could drive my car home!there are nurses asking me questions, and I'm mouthing to them "this call is really important and I'll be right with you!!!!" Are you kidding me?? of course the E brake is broken...this is my life..the poor girl had to get down on the pavement on PCH and try to release the darn thing!By the grace of Heaven it released and she drove everyone home....
Needless to say everything ended well...no broken bones or concussion or anything...and tomorrow we are going back to the beach but here are the changes I'm making for tomorrows trip...I am putting a helmet on chloe before she goes into the water...I am getting up and showering, shaving my legs AND doing my hair BEFORE we leave...I am wearing a bra and a cute outfit..I may even add a little lipgloss for good luck...don't want to scare away cute lifeguards:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
family blogs-none of my family does BLOGS!!
friends-thats more like it!
-
What happened to summer!!13 years ago
-
I've Moved!!!!14 years ago
-
Here I am13 years ago
-
Mother's Day~13 years ago
-
She Asked13 years ago
-
-
-
Aly through the years13 years ago
-
-
Jake's First Prom13 years ago
-
Part Two...Monaco.12 years ago
Visits from my friends
Blog Archive
-
►
2012
(47)
- ► October 2012 (3)
- ► September 2012 (2)
- ► August 2012 (1)
- ► April 2012 (24)
- ► February 2012 (7)
-
▼
2011
(43)
- ► December 2011 (10)
- ► November 2011 (1)
- ► October 2011 (4)
- ► September 2011 (11)
-
▼
August 2011
(17)
- School days..
- my baby..
- 1st and 2nd graders..kind of a big deal around her...
- Caeley is the sweetest girl...although highly emot...
- clairebee
- my littles
- My first...i love this boy...sniff,sniff.
- Chloe is way too excited for school...isn't she go...
- No title
- my two littles...holding hands going to school
- Swimsuits galore!
- No title
- No title
- No title
- Things happen....
-
►
2010
(2)
- ► December 2010 (2)


1 comment:
Oh Minette! I am crying laughing right now. First off, I am soooo glad Chloe is ok. Secondly, this is why I love you so. Loved the story, it deserves some major blog hits.
Your house and yard look amazing! You are always such an inspiration for me. I love you garden and chickens and party decorations and kids and you! It was so good to see you. Miss you and love you!
Post a Comment